There are many technologies to develop web applications, but which one is more interesting for the project you want to set up. In this article, we are going to see the pros and cons of each frontend framework to help professionals or engineers choose the best one for their development needs and which one is better in case of React vs Angular vs Vue.
First, let’s look at the curve in Google Trends over the last 5 years.
In terms of search, Angular and React crush Vuejs. Searches for Angular and React have remained fairly stable over the past 5 years, although we are seeing a decrease in interest in Angular (26% in 2022 vs 49% in 2017).
Vuejs is extremely little sought after compared to the other 2 frameworks, but according to Google Trends, in 5 years, the demand for Vuejs has doubled. As of January 2022, the search difference between React and Angular is 30%.
WEIGHT OF FRAMEWORKS
In the context of frameworks, size matters, as it directly relates to application performance. The framework and the application itself must be downloaded before the application becomes functional. The weight of the frameworks is an approximation for the compressed versions.
THE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES
ADVANTAGES OF REACTJS
- Easy to learn, due to its simplicity regarding syntax
- High level of flexibility and responsiveness
- Virtual DOM (Document Object Model)
- Migration between versions is usually very simple, with “code mode”, provided by Google, to automate much of the process.
DISADVANTAGES OF REACTJS
- Lack of official documentation – lightning-fast ReactJS development leaves no room for proper documentation
- React is unopinionated, which means developers sometimes have too many choices.
- Long to master, ReactJS requires in-depth knowledge of how to integrate UI into the MVC framework (React vs Angular vs Vue).
BENEFITS OF ANGULAR
- New improved features such as RXJS, the faster compilation (in less than 3 seconds)
- Detailed documentation
- Two-way data link that minimizes the risk of possible errors
- MVVM (Model-View-ViewModel) allows developers to work separately on the same section of the application using the same dataset
- Dependency injection of functionality related to components with modules and modularity, in general,
- Even though this framework can be difficult to learn. It has a large community that provides a sufficient amount of training and discussion to get started using AngularJS without getting stuck.
DISADVANTAGES OF ANGULAR
- Migration issues that may appear when moving from the older version to the newer ones
- Dynamic applications haven’t always performed so well. Complex single-page applications could be lagging and inconvenient to use due to their size.
BENEFITS OF VUE.JS
- Optimized HTML. Vue.js has many similar features to Angular and this can help to optimize HTML block management with the use of different components.
- Detailed documentation
- Adaptability. It provides a quick transition period from another framework to Vue.js, due to the similarity with Angular and Reacts in terms of design and architecture.
- Impressive integration
- Large scale. Vue.js can help develop very large reusable templates that can be made without extra time
DISADVANTAGES OF VUE.JS
- Lack of resources
- There may be integration issues in huge projects
- Chinese background. Since Vue.js has some Chinese history, a lot of the elements and descriptions are still in Chinese, however, more and more material is being translated into English.
- Since Vue is relatively newer, there aren’t as many developers who have a lot of experience with this framework. Frequent updates force developers to relearn.
- Vue has fewer plugins than React or Angular.
Choosing the right tool for your project is unique in every case and highly dependent on the particular requirements of the solution.
We’ve summarized the pros and cons of each framework so you can get a general idea:
|Availability of developers||high||high||weak|
|Developer Community||big||very tall||small|
|Acceptance and trust||high||very high||weak|
USE BY BRANDS
No matter how good a framework is, its reputation and popularity always play a key role in its acceptance. When you develop an app on a popular and widely used platform, maintaining and supporting it is going to be much easier.
Let’s look at the brands that have adopted each of the frameworks for their front-end:
|New York Times||Nintendo|
For a real engineer, there is no big difference in which framework to choose, because it just takes time to get used to the new one. Each framework has its advantages and disadvantages, which means that there should be just the right choice for each case when developing the product.
Here is a comparative table of technologies on GitHub (01/26/2022):
|Stars on GitHub||79.2k+||6.8K+||1.6K+|
Of course, Angular, React, and Vue.js is by no means the only front-end development frameworks out there. There are many great tools suitable for projects of varying sizes and complexity. With the right approach, it shouldn’t be too difficult to be able to deliver a great solution.
We hope that this answers the question that which one is better in case of React vs Angular vs Vue.