Constant Upgrades in your eStore are one of the most important hacks that ensure your business’s success and popularity. To make this more affordable and easier, Shopify has recently launched Shopify 2.0. This version of Shopify provides more flexibility and makes development for hire Shopify expert faster.
Although, the Shopify platform already empowers merchants of every scale by providing easy store setup. This new version was launched to take things one step further and help merchants in easier store improvisation. As a result, it is one of the most important updates, and getting the hang of it is a must.
If you are planning to step up your storefront appearance, upgrading to Shopify 2.0 can be a great aid. Furthermore, it is a more practical alternative than turning to other platforms as Shopify provides full support for this.
With this article today, we will take a deep dive into common features of Shopify 2.0 and how it helps businesses in thriving online. But before you hire Shopify developer for the process, analyzing do you truly need this as an investment is crucial.
For this, let us first understand the reasons for launching Shopify 2.0 and how it helps businesses to evolve.
Why Use Shopify 2.0?
Shopify was already doing pretty well as it was! With flexibility for creating changes along with easy store setup and efficient dashboard, it’s still empowering SMBs to get started. However, customizing the Shopify store can prove to be a hassle when it comes to storefront improvisation.
As the only way to do so efficiently in Shopify’s old version is to work on it from the scratch. This can not only be very hard on pockets but can consume a lot of time.
If your store needs a unique, manageable, and customizable storefront along with affordable development, Shopify 2.0 can be great. It offers solutions for the following Shopify hurdles:
- Unlike Shopify, Shopify 2.0 has a set of dedicated developer tools that covers a wide variety of customization woes.
- Shopify 2.0 also offers multiple new store management and customization features for which earlier developer’s aid was a must.
- Moreover, it also offers enhanced theme editors, which allows merchants to perform minute changes themselves. Hence, helps them in curbing the development costs as well.
We will take an in-depth look into each of these features further down the article. Before that let’s look into some of the common perks of Shopify 2.0 as claimed by the eCommerce platform.
Benefits of Adapting to Shopify 2.0 for eStores
From the discussion above, it is quite clear that Shopify 2.0 is an improvised version of Shopify. However, this version not only covers the shortcomings of Shopify but also enhances many of its primary goals as well.
Below is a detailed list of some of the unique benefits merchants can enjoy by upgrading to Shopify 2.0:
- One of its biggest perks is the lower development costs for custom feature development. This is because, in Shopify 2.0, Shopify developers have access to advanced developers’ tools. This helps them in creating unique features in lesser time. As a result due to reduced development time, the development cost decreases as well.
- Another benefit is that it allows merchants to easily include new elements in their theme without the developer’s help. This results in much faster UI upgrades and lower store maintenance costs as well.
- Further, Shopify 2.0 uses a faster and automated approach to the content management system. This adds up to faster store management and helps merchants in providing a better user experience.
All of these out-of-the-box perks offered by Shopify2.0 can help merchants in accessing easy store management. This, in the long run, would provide them the space for focusing on business expansion and improving customer experience.
The Major Features of Shopify 2.0
From the discussion above, we conclude that Shopify 2.0 overall facilitates lower development costs, easier maintenance, and improved performance.
For this, the Shopify developers have integrated some unique features into it. However, to understand how it can help you in elevating your eStore, understanding its features in-depth is a must.
An in-depth understanding of its features can easily help you in integrating them the right way. For this, you should contemplate jumping right into the Shopify 2.0 migration.
This will help you in figuring out how you can make the best out of each of these features.
Below is a detailed list of all the features and ways to integrate them to help you in creating the best migration plan for your business:
Updated Architecture for Themes
The theme Architecture of your store defines how you interact with every element of your theme and make changes to it. Earlier, Shopify was using a theme editor which was quite similar to another eCommerce platform such as Wix or WordPress.
However, this made creating unique storefront elements quite constricting for users. As it didn’t allow merchants to include elements such as sections in pages apart from the homepage. This made UI maintenance and development a never-ending struggle for eStore owners.
However, with the launch of Shopify 2.0, all of these hurdles vanished. Below is a detailed list of amazing theme architecture updates available in Shopify 2.0:
- In Shopify2.0 merchants can include sections on every page. With Shopify, it was only restricted to the homepage of the storefront. This made the product representation quite complicated for merchants.
- Shopify 2.0 also offers app blocks which makes UI development much easier. With the help of app blocks, developers don’t have to spend hours creating placement for each element. They can simply achieve that via the drag-and-drop feature. Also, this makes the customization of storefront pages much easier for merchants.
- The theme architecture also allowed the addition of app elements to the app extension via CDN. This would allow them to access faster hosting.
Store Content Flexibility
To make store management an easier process, Shopify 2.0 has also offered Shopify Content Flexibility. With the help of Shopify content flexibility, making changes to product page content and elements has become much easier.
With this, developers can also bid adieu to meta fields and complicated APIs for making small changes. Below is a detailed list of store content flexibility features that merchants can access for making faster changes to their product page:
- The theme editor in Shopify 2.0 allows the merchants to easily edit and add meta fields without relying on the APIs. This made adding meta fields much easier. Further, to add business-specific meta fields merchants can easily add custom code.
- Further for developers also the Shopify meta fields now sports easier typescript. Along with this, it also offers standard meta fields and personalized hints as well. All of these allowed developers to also develop product pages and their elements more easily.
- The platform also sports an improvised file picker. With the help of an improvised file picker, merchants can upload file formats such as PDFs. This will allow them in faster product representation.
- Further, Shopify 2.0 also provided a new set of files API to help merchants in enhancing their UI. These are basically GraphQL APIs and allows merchants to use preexisting content.
Theme Editor Enhancements
To make the UI customization process much easier for merchants theme editor of Shopify 2.0 sports improvements. These improvements include showing theme components into a tree format which makes customization easy.
Further, the Shopify 2.0 theme editor allows developers to add liquid code directly into the editor. This enables merchants to enhance their overall theme much faster.
Improved Development Tools for Shopify Developers
Shopify 2.0 is not only a blessing for merchants but the developer community as well. Shopify’s new version has taken considerable efforts to improve the developer’s experience as well.
Below is a detailed list of improvisation that can benefit Shopify developers:
- Shopify 2.0 comes with Github integrations, this makes the process of theme development and maintenance easier. As a result, developers are able to offer faster results.
- Further, developers can now easily use Shopify CLIs to safely develop themes as well. This made the process of Shopify theme development and customization much easier for merchants. Further, it comes with the facility of Hot Reload and theme check as well.
Final Words on Shopify 2.0
Shopify 2.0 can help you transform your store management into a much faster process. Moreover, you can easily customize your store with its new theme editor features without the developer’s help.
Further, it also offers developers advanced development tools and scope of Theme development in Shopify CLI.
Your online store can easily look interactive, unique, and out of the box with all of these amazing features.
Further, you can also efficiently cut down on management and development costs as well. So if you need similar features to make your store stand ahead of the curb adapt to Shopify 2.0 today.