Which method to use; manual process To convert Mozilla Thunderbird into PST. You can make use of a free third-party utility.
Manual process – You can export MBOX files to Outlook using the manual process.
Free Third-Party Tool – With this solution, you will be able to import many MBOX files to PST without having to go through multiple procedures or deal with any complications. Use verified solution to MBOX to PST converter.
Option 1: You have to import MBOX Files into Outlook.
- Apple Mail can be used to convert MBOX files to Outlook for Mac OS users (import MBOX from Apple Mail)
- Then select File from apple mail, then Import from the drop-down menu.
- Select an option from which you want to import MBOX data.
- Now click the Continue button and navigate to the MBOX file’s location >> Select MBOX from the destination >> choose a file >> click the Continue button. continue
- After the importing process is finished, Click Finish.
- We also have the option of importing an MBOX file into Thunderbird.
- Select the filename .mbox folder from the Local Folders menu in the Thunderbird application.
- Then press “Shift + click” or “Ctrl + a” to
- After that, right-click on the emails you want to save and select “Save As.”
- Select a location and open MS Outlook within the same machine.
- Select Account Setting and Data Files from the menu.
- Then, from the drop-down menu, pick Outlook data file ( .pst ): from the alternatives.
- After that, select the destination folder and give the new Outlook data file a name.
- Open window explorer and look for the folder that was exported in step 4. (exported from Thunderbird).
- Then, using Ctrl + a, pick all of the emails and drag and drop them into MS Outlook’s message pane. You may also pour on the newly formed data file, i.e. Test files.
- Then wait until all of your emails have been successfully transferred. The converted emails to PST files can then be viewed.
The Second Method Entails the use of Outlook.
- To begin, go to File and select the Open option.
- Then from the drop-down menu, select “Import”, and the Import / Export box will appear.
- Then select Import Internet Mail and Addresses > Outlook Express or Window Mail.
- To start the import procedure, simply click Import >>
- Finally, you may use Outlook to access all of the data in an MBOX file.
Why Would You Say No to Manual Methods?
Manual techniques for importing MBOX to Outlook are free, but they require a higher level of competence and technical understanding. Manual procedures are also time-consuming and dangerous.
The disadvantages of the manual technique
If a person is able to effectively convert data using this method, it is nothing short of a miracle on their part. However, it can be observed in a variety of various types of results.
- A mailbox with cracked and incomplete structural integrity
- Reduction in the number of emails received.
- There is a potential of losing and lessening the attachment to the object of affection.
- Ineffective with newer versions of the Outlook client software
- Converting a single mailbox at a time is possible.
Option 2: Convert Mozilla Thunderbird into PST with Third Party
You can skip the hassles of the manual approach by using a free MBOX to PST application, which allows you to convert Mozilla Thunderbird into PST format and is also user-friendly for non-technical users.
This free program will save you time because it only takes three steps to convert MBOX to PST. The tool supports 25 email clients that support the MBOX file format, making it simple to convert MBOX to Outlook PST. It is provided for no charge.
- Expertise in converting mailboxes from more than 25 different types of email programmes.
- This enables the email to be viewed before it is converted.
- Under the bulk export option, more than one mailbox can be converted at the same time.
- Make use of the date filter to switch between two dates in the data.
- It is possible to save a single mailbox and a single piece of mail.
- Migration of required emails based on a variety of search parameters.
- Toggle between the mbox file and Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and other previous versions.
- Compatible with all Windows versions, both newer and older, in both 32 and 64 bit flavours.