Thunderbird is a cross-platform email client for Windows, Mac, and Linux. The open-source email client stores emails, attachments, and other mailbox data in MBOX files on the local drive.
If you want to migrate Thunderbird to Outlook 365 without any errors and risk of data loss, there are only two utilities: one is manual and the other is an automated approach with MBOX Converter.
Read this comprehensive guide to know all possible approaches and steps to save Thunderbird emails to Outlook.
Reason To Import Thunderbird Emails To Outlook
- Thunderbird does not offer a spam filter option. While Outlook has a powerful spam filter that helps prevent phishing attacks.
- Thunderbird does not include a task and calendar list.
- Due to Thunderbird’s slower development process, the focus isn’t on security and stability.
How To Save My Thunderbird Emails To Outlook Using Manual Approach?
If you have an active Outlook profile and have technical knowledge of Outlook. You can then continue to use Outlook’s drag-and-drop features to complete the solution.
- Start Outlook and create a new folder in it.
- Browse through all the required EML files and select the ones you want to save.
- Press and hold the selected EML file and move the pointer to the new folder in Outlook.
- Now all EML files have been inserted into Outlook.
Why Do Professionals Skip Manual Approaches?
- It will take a lot of time.
- It works as an attachment in the mailbox.
- There is no guarantee that the original data will be preserved.
How To Import Thunderbird Emails Into Outlook Using Professional Tool?
If you’re not comfortable with the manual approach and don’t want to take any chances with your mailbox data. Then we recommend you go for the MBOX to PST converter. It is the perfect choice to get accurate results. The best thing about this software is that it is coded with advanced algorithms to complete the process successfully without bringing any benefits.
- Open MBOX Converter and launch it on your Windows computer.
- Browse the MBOX file and upload it to the software panel.
- In Export Type, select PST.
- Finally, browse the result destination and then tap “Convert” to get the output immediately.
Other Advantages Of Using Professional Software
- It allows you to convert Thunderbird to PST with the same solution.
- This software maintains data integrity like the original. Also, the PST file converter offers full assurance that the original data remains the same as before.
- It is easy to use and suitable for all types of computer users.
- It also offers a filter option to convert specific data and is also useful to avoid unnecessary data.
- There is no need to install any additional application to complete the process.
Now, from the article, we know that the manual approach to exporting Thunderbird to Outlook is not the right choice. Manual solutions bring many challenges, while the professional tool, on the other hand, allows for many user-centric features. The software provides an easy and accurate solution to save Thunderbird emails to Outlook.
Also Read: How Do I Import Contacts From Android To Outlook?