2022 has brought in massive changes to travel and UK visa laws across the world owing to the pandemic. Things seem to be returning to normal with people holidaying and moving to other countries for studies and work. However, it may still not be over.
There’s always a threat of a new variant looming large, ready to shut everything down. But countries like the UK have adapted by making changes to their UK visa laws so people can still travel. Travel is good for the economy of the world and we as humans are now finding ways around the complications of 2022.
So, if you are looking to travel to the UK, the following information will act as a guide to UK visa requirements and types in 2022.
UK Tourist Visa
This is the most common type of visa requirement. The UK tourist visa allows you to travel in the UK and explore all the tourist destinations in the country. Here are the new rules and regulations regarding applying for a UK tourist visa
All travelers must have taken full vaccine if they want to obtain a tourist visa. This has become a compulsion all over the world. You will need to be fully vaccinated irrespective of tourist visa, student visa, or work visa,
Full vaccination means you have to have taken at least 2 doses of the vaccine.
the UK government accepts following vaccines.
- Pfizer BioNTech.
- Sinopharm Beijing.
- Novavax (Nuvaxovid and Covovax)
Tourist Visa Requirements
Here’s how you go about getting your UK tourist visa:
- Form – Download the visa application form and fill it out. You may also require to fill out the form online rather than fill it out, scan, and upload.
- You’ll need 2 passport size photographs in a white background where your complete face is visible. The photo should be recent, as in, it should have been taken in the last 6 months.
- Passport – You need to have a valid passport that has at least 6 months or more validation. The passport also needs to have 2 blank pages for the UK authorities to stamp. You also need to take photocopies of the back and front pages of the passport.
- Bank Statements – You will have to attach your bank statement showing a large enough sum as a balance that acts as proof that you can afford travel and stay in the country.
- Itinerary – If you are going through a travel agency, you will need to provide a detailed itinerary of your travel through the UK. Your travel operator can provide this document.
- Tuberculosis Test – You will have to take a tuberculosis test and provide its results as in the UK, the BCG vaccine is no more given and their population is susceptible to tuberculosis.
Student UK Visa Requirements
Some general requirements for students are similar to the travel visa, but there are also many other important requirements like:
English Language Proficiency – Secure English Language Tests (SELT) certificates for non-graduate courses. For UG courses, you’ll need IELTS 5.5 – CEFR level B2, and for PG level courses, you’ll need IELTS 4.0 – CEFR level B1.
Financial Requirements – Students need to have paid the first year’s tuition, or the course’s complete tuition. You also need to have money for living expenses for up to 9 months.
Translations – If your official documents are in your native language, they need to be translated into English. These translations need to be approved and notarized by the relevant authorities.
No Objection Certificates for Minor – If the student is a minor, a no-objection certificate from the parent or the guardian is required to obtain a student and a travel visa.
Contact Details of Local Guardians – The student needs to furnish contact details and addresses of any local guardians if students are not opting for housing provided by the university or college.
UK Work Visa Requirements
The UK work visa has a few general similarities with other visa requirements, but the information given below are the different requirements.
Employment Proof – You have to provide documents stating that you have secured employment in a company based in the UK.
Biometric Details – Biometric information is compulsory for anyone staying more than 6 months in the UK. You need to provide digital pictures and fingerprints of all your fingers. You will also have to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and take a tuberculosis test.
Invitation Letter – You need an official invitation or letter from a friend or relative who has been residing and working in the UK.
Translations – All your education degrees and certificates and work certificates and documents need to have an official English translation.
Other requirements like documents, application forms, financial requirements are similar to UK tourist visas and student visas. So, if you are planning to vacation in, study in, or work in the UK, you should make sure you meet all the requirements given above.
You can also use professional UK visa services to get hassle-free visas. These companies deliver excellent work for good prices and their visa applications rarely get rejected.
Cool. I spent a long time looking for relevant content and found that your article gave me new ideas, which is very helpful for my research. I think my thesis can be completed more smoothly. Thank you.